Western civilization topic and references (bibliography-anotated)
TW Unit 3:
In this project, you will need to find, review, and summarize five different reputable sources concerning a topic related to the last 400 years in Western Civilization. You may choose any topic related to the coursework that you like, but careful selection that is neither too large nor too focused is suggested in order to ensure that your summaries can effectively discuss the topic and so that five qualified sources are available. YOU MUST STATE YOUR TOPIC AT TOP OF PAGE.
Your five sources need to fit the following criteria:
- · At least one primary source: a document, object, or other material directly related to the topic and time. This should be a document that provides a first-hand account of your topic without previous knowledge of the event. Examples may include newspapers, diaries, letters, film, records, or speeches.
- · At least one current, relevant article: an article published in a reputable periodical within the last five years.
- · At least one peer-reviewed article: an article from a respected publication put out by universities, historical societies, or another academic entity that has clearly identified the credentials of the author, reviewer, and publisher.
- · At least one published book: This can be in electronic or print form and from any time; be sure to research the publisher, author, and year as that may influence bias.
- · The duplicated medium needs to provide an opposite perspective than the other selection in that medium and cannot be found in the same publication or brand as any of the four other selections.
Do not submit more than five sources; only the first five sources listed will be considered. If you do not know how to do an APA formatted annotated bibliography DO NOT APPLY.