Supporting developmentally appropriate practices. | ECE 671 Management and Administration of Early Childhood Programs | Ashford University
Supporting Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
For this assignment, you will return to the resources from the center you selected in Week 1 and your personal core values shared early in this course to write a response paper.
For this paper, complete the following:
- Part I (this should be in narrative form)
Referencing your personal core value, and the values, vision, and mission you obtained from the center you selected in Week 1, address the following in detail:
- Describe how the program does or does not meet DAP guidelines.
- Provide one action and three strategies of how the DAP is/can be implemented.
- Part II (this can be a continuation of the document created in Week 2 of the course)
According to NAEYC Standard 5, a program promotes the nutrition and health of children and protects children and staff from illness and injury. Children must be healthy and safe in order to learn and grow. Programs must be healthy and safe to support children’s healthy development. More specifically NAEYC outlines the following as “what to look for in a program” (see below). Create a document/table with at least one example of how the following guidelines are communicated:
- Teaching staff have training in pediatric first aid.
- Infants are placed on their backs to sleep.
- The program has policies regarding regular hand washing and routinely cleans and sanitizes all surfaces in the facility.
- There is a clear plan for responding to illness, including how to decide whether a child needs to go home and how families will be notified.
- Snacks and meals are nutritious, and food is prepared and stored safely.
The Supporting Developmentally Appropriate Practices paper