Social control and criminal deviance: bullying
Bullying is a difficult concept to understand and reconcile the consequences. This assignment focuses on the critical thinking skills that are needed to analyze an emotionally charged topic.
Student Success Tips
• Take notes as you watch the video below.
Watch the video titled, “From school yard bullying to genocide: Barbara Coloroso at TEDxCalgary” (19 min 5 s) located below. You may also view the video athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkG0nssouFg.
From school yard bullying to genocide: Barbara Coloroso at TEDxCalgary
User: tedxtalks – Added: 2/20/14
Write a one to two (1-2) page essay in which you:
1. Identify the most important step in the student’s guide to research that you would need in order to analyze bullying.
2. Define the identified critical step of research in your words.
3. Explain how bullying relates to one (1) of the following topics:
1. the agents of socialization (i.e., family, teachers and school, peers),
2. formal organizations (i.e., conformity to groups),
3. different types of deviance (i.e., everyday deviance, sexual deviance, or criminal deviance).
Provide a rationale for your response.