Posted: June 5th, 2021
1. Where does the name ‘QWERTY’ Keyboard come from?
It comes from the top six keys on the keyboard, starting with leftmost in the keyboard which read they read exactly ‘q’, ‘w’, ‘e’, ‘r’, ‘t’, ‘y’. The QWERTY keyboard was invented by Christopher Sholes who was issued a patent for a typewriter on July 14, 1868. The QWERTY keyboard is named after the five letter keys located at the top left side of the keyboard and is now the official standard of computer keyboards (ISO 9995). Today, the QWERTY keyboard is the most commonly found and used computer keyboard in the United States.
2. Why do you think the QWERTY keyboard is the most popular method of data entry?
The QWERTY keyboard is the most popular method of entering data because an easy way of usage and when you get used to it you start typing faster.
3. Who might make use of a concept keyboard?
A concept keyboard might be used by a fast food restaurant and primary schools
4. What are the benefits of using a concept keyboard?
It is much faster for making non-text selections such as menu choices on the till of a fast food outlet. The keyboard is also waterproof which can be useful where there is dirt or the risk of splashes.
5. Explain why a mouse often called a pointing device
A mouse is often called a pointing device because it enables you to control what happens on the screen by moving the mouse on your desk and pointing, clicking and selecting items on the screen.
6. Describe the difference between a mouse and a tracker ball? The difference between a mouse and a tracker ball are that a trackerball moved against two
internal rollers to record the direction that the mouse was being moved in and a mouse uses ‘optical’ or ‘wireless’ technology to track mouse movement.
7. Which type of input device would you choose if you were going to play a ‘shoot ‘em up’ computer game?
If you were going to play a shoot em up computer game you would use a joystick
8. Who is likely to use a Graphics Tablet and why?
Graphics tablets are most likely to be used by graphics designers and illustrators because it is much more natural to draw diagrams with a pencil type implement (the stylus) rather than with a mouse and its very accurate
9. Explain briefly how scanners work
A scanner works by shining a beam of light onto the surface of the object that you are scanning. This light is then reflected back onto a sensor that detects the colour of the light. This is then used to build up the digital image.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.