Principles of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
TOPIC: I/O Project Part I
This assignment is in two parts. In Part 1, you will choose a topic that you may use for your dissertation.
TOPIC FOR DISSERTATION: Factor Responsible for Poor Utilization of Mental Health Services in Texas
You will discuss the theoretical foundations found within the literature to support the topic and suggest why this topic should be studied and the possible research questions your proposed study will answer.
RESEARCH QUESTIONS ARE:
RQ1: What do mental health providers identify as factors contributing to patient’s utilization of mental health services?
RQ 2: What strategies do mental health providers use to encourage patients to use mental health services?
RQ3: What do mental health providers identify as factors contributing to patient’s rejection of mental health services?
RQ 4: What strategies do mental health providers use to address patient’s rejection of mental health services?
Although the 10 Strategic Points may inform your paper, this paper will not be your prospectus.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Use the Proquest Dissertations and Theses /explore other learner dissertations that have a topic similar to the one you have chosen.
· Review the “10 Key Strategic Points” template located in the DC Network. ATTACHED
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· Use academic sources, including peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books, government reports, and other instructor-approved texts.
· Include a minimum of 7 scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years).
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Using current empirical sources (i.e., published within past 5 years) to write a paper of 2,000-2,250 words in which you address the following issues:
1. Choose an I-O topic of interest that you intend to use for your dissertation and delineate why it is important for the discipline of I-O psychology to study this topic.
2. Identify the gap in the literature that your study will fill and discuss the problem you will address through the study.
3. Identify the theoretical foundations (e.g., model or theory) and seminal author(s) of the model or theory.
4. Discuss how the identified problem will be understood:
Identify the questions your study will answer.
Describe the location of your study.
Define variables (for a quantitative study) or phenomenon (for a qualitative study).
Read Chapter 4.
Use Sage Research Methods to research potential resources to develop the theoretical foundations for your paper.