Posted: June 23rd, 2021
In Unit V, you created an outline on a topic of your choice (Plea Bargaining) and its ethical implications. Now, you will take that a step further by researching a case on this topic and addressing the following areas:
1) Explain the role of those involved with the case, including the judge and jury.
2) Discuss any expert witnesses and the implications of this evidence (if expert witness evidence was not used, explain whether the case would have benefited from witness evidence).
a. Based on what you learned through this course and through this case, do you believe expert witnesses should be held liable for inaccurate information while testifying? Why, or why not?
3) Identify the ethical issues surrounding the case and court proceedings.
4) Discuss the verdict as well as the sentencing phase, including any appeals.
a. Based on what you learned through this course and through this case, at what stage should criminal appeals should be permitted?
b. What cases should allow appeals?
c. Do you feel appeals benefit our legal system? Why, or why not?
5) Examine laws that impacted the case, such as laws dealing with prison time or the way defendants are charged.
The assignment should be a minimum of four pages in length, excluding the title and reference page. You are required to use a minimum of three outside sources, one in which must be from an Online Library. You may use the resources identified in Unit V. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA standards.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.