Location and Access
Stage 2: Location and Access
Research your topic, evaluate selected sources, and organize your sources using the Source Organization worksheet template.
During Stage 1, you chose a career interest topic and created your project plan.
This week’s assignment is to conduct research to locate, identify, and carefully vet at least four (4) credible sources. Reviewing the directions for the Stage 3 assignment now will be helpful before you begin to research.
You read about Location and Access, the third step of the Big 6 research model. Essentially, this step helps you find and select the most relevant sources that support your project topic. Instead of randomly choosing a source that could work, select the best possible source from those available using the evaluation process presented in Stage 1 and 2. You will share your scholarly sources and write a robust summary as you complete the Source Organization Worksheet template.
Requirements for the Source Organization worksheet include: ·
· Download attached template: Source Organization Worksheet Template (in Word) or Source Organization Worksheet Template (in Excel)
· One (1) source must be scholarly, peer-reviewed and from the Trefrey library
· Other sources must be credible and appropriate for college research
· Robust source summaries must include an explanation of the contents of the source and the relevance of the source to your project’s topic.
· In the document complete Part I, explain the process of locating your sources and Part II the source information.
· All sections of the template must be completed.