1 – 3: You work for a small store that sells automobile tires. You see an opportunity to expand the business by offering more products and services to customers, including offering products and service via the Internet. The store does not have any computer applications supporting business functions.
1. Discuss your recommendation for e-business systems and Enterprise Business Systems needed to support the business growth?
2. Explain the activities that should be performed in order to justify your recommendations?
3. What challenges do you see in implementing the recommended technology/application software?
4. Discuss and explain the privacy and security concerns AND associated security technologies necessary to protect the following information system.
A health care organization is planning to implement an automated patient care system that will enable the health care organization to electronically share information with their patients. They would like to provide patients with access to medical records, submit consent forms for treatment, and enable electronic payment of bills using the internet.
5. Although ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems are a great concept, implementation of such systems have a high rate of failure and often after such systems are installed the results may not be as desired. Discuss the reasons for such high failure rates, suggest ways to avoid such failures and if the system is not operating up to expectations, should it be replaced?