I.p.unit 1 ethics and criminal justice
2-4 PAGES APA FORMAT RUNNING HEAD,NUMBER PAGES, ABSTRACT, INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION, REFERENCES. 25% ORINGINALITY VERIFICATION PLS
In a 2–4-page paper, describe a personal experience in which you or someone you know had to make a moral decision—for example, cheating on an exam, stealing out of necessity, or being forced to give up a personal freedom. Include the following in your paper:
- How did you approach the situation? What steps or actions would or should you take? What are some of the positive and negative consequences for the action that you take? Based on your answer, what ethical theory best describes your approach?
- Define and critique the differences between the concepts of morality and ethics.
- Are there similarities between the two concepts?
- Describe moral principles (beneficence, least harm, respect for autonomy, and justice).
- Incorporate normative ethics, metaethics, and applied ethics, and discuss one or more the following modern ethical theories: consequentialism, deontology, and virtue theories, taken from utilitarianism, Kantianism, and Aristotelianism.
- Relate free will and reason theories to the moral or ethical dilemma.