Posted: June 14th, 2021
1. As you do this assignment, consider the historical data visualization developed by Charles Minard describing Napoleon’s army march toward and eventual retreat from Moscow (Found in this week’s presentation).
Use your imagination to develop your own data visualization that displays several dimensions with a single plot. (For example, color of data points can be used to categorize one dimension, while the size of the data point can represent a dimension related to magnitude.)
The assignment scoring is based on the originality of the display, the number of dimensions displayed, and readability. The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.
Examples of this type of multidimensional visualization can be found at
· Dundas (Sample Dashboards)
· Tableau Gallery
· Ted Talks – Data Visualization
3. Institution Release Statement
4. WU RELEASE STATEMENT: The material submitted for this assignment may be screened by the student and/or the instructor for similarity of content by Blackboard’s SafeAssign feature. The purpose of this feature is to help educate the student about the proper citation of borrowed content and to protect the student against plagiarism. The submitted material will be checked against academic databases, internet documents, and student papers from both Wilmington University and other institutions. The final draft of submitted material will become part of the Wilmington University database. The student may also voluntarily submit the material to the SafeAssign Global Reference Database, which helps to protect the originality of the student’s work across institutions. For more information about plagiarism and citation conventions, please reference https://wilmu.edu/studentlife/acadintegrity.aspx.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.