FINAL PAPER ON POETRY ANALYSIS
1. Choose the theme you want to work with: The theme I chose was Symbolism.
2. Identify the poems that you want to work with: the poems are “Fire and Ice” by Robert Frost, “Sea Fever” by John Masefield, and “My Last Duchess” by Robert Browning.
3. Give a description of your theme and the reason for your choice (don’t use first person in an academic essay)
4. Showcase how the poets that you have picked use the theme in their work (not to exceed 1 paragraph)
5. Paraphrase your poems very briefly. (1 paragraph)
6. Analyze how your theme plays out in the poems you have chosen.
7. Present a conclusion with a cross analysis where you can tie in all the poems together and discuss their common factors.
SHOULD BE WRITTEN ON MLA FORMAT
6 pages long including a reference page.
Info at the top left corner of the paper should be as follows:
10 December 2018