The following discussion board assignment is composed of two parts:
Part I: Throughout “Me Talk Pretty One Day” and “How to Tame a Wild Tongue”, the authors share their personal experiences with the reader. However, the reader quickly learns that social, cultural, historical or political nuances affect their narratives. In your own words, how do you think these nuances affect their narratives?
Part II: In either (choose one text) “Me Talk Pretty One Day” or “How to Tame a Wild Tongue, examine the author’s argument, identify a critical problem and propose solutions to address the problem by completing the following steps:
Number your work with the following instructions before your answers:
1) Introduce the article and the writer.
2) Explain what you believe is the overall point of the article by examining the author’s argument.
3) Isolate a quote in the reading this week that identifies a critical problem, that you agree or disagree with. Use MLA formatting and in-text citation to incorporate your quote.
4) Explain the quote using your own words. (Paraphrasing)
5) What do you think about the topic beyond what the article stated? What solution might you offer to address the problem?