Read the articles:
1) Grad Students Win Right to Unionize in an Ivy League Case
The New York Times, August 23, 2016
2) Doctors Unionize to Resist the Medical Machine
By NOAM SCHEIBER – JAN. 9, 2016
3) Owners of Ellen’s Stardust Diner Reach Agreement with Union.
by Hetrick, A. – 2017, October 05
4)South Carolina Boeing Workers Reject Machinists Union Representation
by Horowitz, Carl -13 March 2017
5) Union drive launches at New Seasons
By Don Macintosh, Nov 15 2017,
6) Go to the internet and find an article that discusses labor union formation and activity, summarize key points and post in Discussions area.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value-added comments to at least two of your classmates. You are encouraged to respond to other students as well as to your instructor.
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all questions:
Do unions engage in ethical behavior? Please explain.
Historically, what factors precipitated the formation of unions? Please explain.
Do you expect union activity to increase or decrease globally? Please explain.
Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.