Contemporary Sexuality HED 320 – Social Justice Community Based Organization Profile
I uploaded the files for more details.
more info other than the files uploaded:
to check out the list of community based organizations below that do work in advancing sexual social justice OR PICK AN ORGANIZATION OF YOUR OWN!
Many of these organizations support populations who are marginalized or face discrimination due to sexism, racism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia and poverty. Other organizations offer support for survivors of sexual assault, sex trafficking, and domestic violence (including men).
· Gender Spectrum “helps to create gender sensitive and inclusive environments for children & teens”
· GLSEN “championing LQBTQ issues in k-12 education”
· ACCESS women’s health justice
· Exhale Pro-Voice after abortion support
· CORA community overcoming relationship abuse
· Youth Tech Health “advancing youth health and wellness”
· Forward Together
· Freedom House: Human Sex Trafficking Survivor support
· Planned Parenthood Northern CA
· Birthways comprehensive pregnancy, birth, parenting resource center in Berkeley, CA
· GSA Network “trans & queer youth uniting for gender and racial justice”
· National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum – Reproductive Justice
· Shanti Project “enhance the health, quality of life and well-being of people with terminal, life-threatening or disabling illnesses or conditions” such as HIV, Hep C, and breast cancer.
· Ibis – improving women’s reproductive health, working in U.S. sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean
· Seachange “transforming the culture of reproductive stigma”
· BAWAR Bay Area Women Against Rape
· RAINN rape, abuse and incest national network
· Physicians for Reproductive Health
· Transgender SF – support and social group for transgender and gender non-conforming community
· GLAAD gay & lesbian alliance against defamation
· St James Infirmary – a health and safety clinic for sex workers and their families
· The Trevor Project – 24 hour hotline providing crisis intervention & suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth.
· All Options – Pregnancy, Parenting, Abortion, Adoption support
· California Coalition for Reproductive Freedom
· Just Be Inc. – “focused on the health, well-being and wholeness of brown girls everywhere”
· Family Violence Law Center – “providing support and advocacy for survivors of domestic violence
Unchained at Last – Ending child marriage and forced marriages
A Better Balance – Family/work issues, paid family leave, pregnancy discrimination, wage gap, breastfeeding while working, LBBTQ families and more
Women Help Women – increase the availability of reproductive health choices including contraception & abortion, links activists, organizations and researchers around the world
Callisto: Tech to Combat Sexual Assault & Harassment.