Assignment 2: Performing Purchasing Agent Duties (250 points)
Performing Purchasing Agent Duties Business is booming for Waters, Inc., a growing customer service fulfillment business. Most of its business is coming from clients who once outsourced their customer service needs to firms in India. A major client just signed a contract that will take effect in nine months. This means there are only nine months to purchase the equipment and to train 75 new customer service representatives. As a purchasing agent, you are tasked with getting the computer equipment and software that the new agents will need to the specifications of both the client and established company standards.
This assignment has three (3) distinct parts that are outlined below. This paper will be between eight and ten (8-10) pages long. Label each part clearly.
- Create 10 to 12 questions that you will ask the client in order to determine the exact hardware and software needs. Provide a brief rationale for asking the question.
Part 2: RFP
- Write a request for proposal based on the needs and specifications identified during the need and specification stage.
Note: You will have to fabricate the needs and specifications based on outside research, e.g., standard computer specifications, basic software needs, etc.
- Describe how and to whom you will distribute the RFP. Assume the company has a requirement that minority-owned businesses must be included in the distribution of the RFP.
Part 3: Timeline of Tasks and Activities
- Develop a comprehensive timeline of the tasks and activities, and who is involved with each task or activity, that need to take place to fulfill the need in the time frame indicated in the scenario. You will be graded on the completeness of the list and the realistic nature of the timeline.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the eight to ten (8-10) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Note: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills. Click here to view the grading rubric