For this assignment, you are to identify a news article in the popular press about an aging-related topic that has been published in the past 3 months. You are to summarize the story and evaluate its credibility. You are expected to read the article critically. Think about your critique as a conversation with someone about the topic, with you as the aging expert. Completion of this assignment will increase your awareness of aging topics in the news, improve your skills needed to critically evaluate articles in the popular media and effectively communicate your opinion with others.
Format: 4-5 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font, 1-inch margins. Include your name, the title of the article, date it was published, the source (website link), and the name of the author(s).
Upload your assignment to BlackBoard via the link under “Assignments”.
For the summary (~2 pages), identify the
- author’s main idea or purpose,
- arguments to support this idea,
- findings of the research study (if applicable), and
- author’s conclusions.
For the critique (~2-3pages), evaluate whether
- the author’s main idea is clear, logical, accurate, and well supported.
Identify anything that was unclear and how it could be better explained to support the main idea,
- the author provides a biased or objective perspective,
- the information presented can be misinterpreted or misused by the lay public, and
- the implications of the article’s information and for whom.Get Science homework help today