Assignment 3: submission—legal issues in hiring new employees
Based on the scenario, your readings, and research, complete the following:
- Prepare a new hire policy and procedure that addresses the legal aspects of hiring employees. The policy should include the following legal aspects:
- Recruitment and selection
- New Hire Processing — required information and documents (personnel file)
- Employee classification based on FLSA
- File storage and retention
- Any other information you think is relevant and necessary
Write a 2-3 page policy and procedure in Word format, citing sources to support your analysis and suggestions. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Grading Criteria Maximum Points Policy includes legal aspects for recruitment and selection. 20 Policy includes legal aspects for processing of new hires, including guidelines for required elements in personnel files. 24 Policy includes employee classification based on FLSA. 4 Policy includes guidelines for file storage and retention. 20 Includes additional information relevant and pertinent to new hire policy. 20 Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 12 Total: 100