Art Appreciation – Virtual Museum Tour
1) Take a virtual museum tour. Many institutions allow some collections to be viewed online.
2) Pick a site from the list below and
3) Navigate the site by clicking on topics, images, and videos, if present.
4) View at least 8-12 images on the site you choose.
5) Read all of the text on the site. The texts of each exhibit vary, but most include the artist’s biography and information about individual images and the artist’s style.
6) It is also important to enjoy the experience. Hopefully, you will be inspired by the virtual tour.
1) Virtual Tour of Winslow Homer.
2) Virtual Tour of Edward Hopper.
3) Virtual Tour of Small French Paintings
4) Virtual Tour of Islamic Art
5) Virtual Tour of Prints by Robert Rauschenberg
ASSIGNMENT: 2 PARAGRAPH MINIMUM
Answer the following questions related to the virtual museum tour instructions. State which virtual tour you engaged in and respond to the following:
1) Name two works of art viewed in your virtual tour and
a) Explain what subjects, themes, and stylistic characteristics enhanced your appreciation of art.
2) Describe the level of enjoyment the experience afforded.
a) Share one or two details about your emotional response.