Please follow all the instructions as they have been given to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Choose ONE of the following questions and answer it.
1. Compare and contrast the poetry of Rupert Brooke to the poetry of Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen
2. How does William Butler Yeats paint a picture of a perfect environment on The Lake Ilse of Innisfree that helps him to escape from the chaotic life of the city?
3. What does William Butler Yeats mean by the iconic phrase, “A terrible beauty is born” in “Easter 1916”?
4. How is “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” a reflection of the insignificance of the individual?
5. Why might a critic classify “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” as a “stream of consciousness” poem?
6. How is “Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night” a rallying cry to live on, no matter what life throws at you?
Each response needs only to be TWO TO THREE WELL-DEVELOPED PARAGRAPHS, (about 250-500 words) but if you feel the need to take a topic and run with it, then feel free to do so.
I will grade your responses based on the following criteria:
1. I will look at the thoughtfulness of the answer. Your posting should have a thesis and some development to prove that thesis. If you simply answer the question without adding anything valuable to the discussion, then you’ll get a minimal grade. If you raise interesting questions or interpretations to the reading, then your grade will be higher.
a. NOTE: It is better to only have one or two major points for a thesis and then develop that point fully than it is to have three or four points without developing any of those points at all.
2. The second criterion that I will be grading your response on is surface errors. This is, after all, an English class. Just because this is only a short reader response does not mean that you can have a lot of spelling errors, run-on sentences, sentence fragments agreement errors, missing punctuation, or second person pronouns (you, your, you’re) in your response. Since you had to pass both English 1101 and 1102 to take this class, I will expect you to write your paper with a mastery of collegiate-level grammar.
3. I REQUIRE you to use a minimum of one direct quote (more if necessary) to help solidify your evidence. When you use direct quotes, be sure to-
a. Format the quote properly in MLA FORMAT. If it’s three lines or fewer, use short quote format, complete with setting the quote off with a comma and enclosing it in quotation marks. If the quote runs into a fourth line, then it should be a block quote.
b. CITE the page numbers (for prose) or line numbers (for poetry) for every single quote. Improperly citing a source, or not citing the source at all, will cause the writer to lose points.
once you have viewed the assignment i will send you the information you will need to cite